Onboard Your Own Apps
Configurations and Considerations
0 out of 5 stars
This feature opens a Window where you can display VHS (Virtual Home terminal System) outstanding prompt messages sent to the VHS primary log file. You can control the type and scope of the messages that get displayed based on a set of criteria you define in the Settings panel. Following is a description of the available options on the Setting Panel.
- VHS Environment: Select from the list of available VHS environments in the log file. This list is determined from the previously learnt environments and the server startup file used by Web ViewPoint.
- Learn VHS: Existing VHS environments on the node on which Web ViewPoint is running can be learnt. Web ViewPoint Enterprise looks for processes of the VHS program file. The environment names learnt are the names of the corresponding VHS processes. Please note that the learning operation takes a few minutes. Learnt environments are remembered.
- Refresh Rate: Select a refresh rate from every 1, 5 or 10 minutes. This specifies how often the browser screen will communicate to the server to retrieve and display the latest information.
- Records: Select from 25, 50, and 100, the maximum number of recent entries to be displayed at one-time on the Browser Window. New information is appended at the end as they arrive, and older entries are removed as the selected limit is reached.
If needed, you may click on the Reset button to reset all selections to your last selected settings. Click on the Scan button once your selections are made. The lower panel will be displayed based on your defined settings. The lower panel displays a set of most recent VHS Prompt messages & is refreshed regularly based on your settings. To stop the refresh, click on the icon. The icon changes to :. You may click on this icon to resume the automatic refresh operation. Four pieces of information are displayed per VHS Message. They are:
- Date: Date & time when the prompt was generated.
- Process ID: Process id of the process that generated the message.
- Program File Name: Name of the Object file currently being executed by the process.
- Prompt Text: Text of the prompt message generated by the process.
The Prompt Text is a link to a menu. Click on any Prompt Text to expose two available options:
- Detail: Displays a Window where more information can be obtained about this message.
Reply: Opens a Window where you can type in text to be used to reply to the message. This text will be sent via the VHS process back to the process that originally generated the prompt. It will also be reflected in the log file and may be viewed via Log Browser Window. The Prompt message will be removed from the Prompt screen once you submit your reply.