How do I add new TCP to a Pathway?
About Operation -> Pathways
Pathways is where you have a command interface to Pathway environments on your Server. Clicking on Pathways shows the overall summary of all running Pathways present on the Server. Please note that the list of Pathways displayed are those previously learned via the Administration functions (described in Admin –> Pathways). This also is the case any time references are made to “all Pathways” or “Pathways” in this section. Clicking on the name of a Pathway (on the left panel) populates the right panel with detailed information of that Pathway i.e. Properties, TERM, TCP and SERVER related info.
Adding new TCP to a Pathway
- Head over to Operation -> Pathways. Select a Pathway from the left panel to which you would like to add a new TCP.
- Select a command from the left list, to apply to one or more Entities you select on the right.
- All (Object name) – Selected command applies to all Entities of the selected Object. Note that this includes even Entities which may not have been previously present when this Pathway as last learned.
- Select – Web ViewPoint E displays an alphabetically ordered list of all learned entities for you to choose from. Select any one or more entities to apply the command to.
- Group – Web ViewPoint E displays a list (via a drop-down list-box) of all previously defined Groups. You may select a Group and have Web ViewPoint E execute the command against all entities which are part of this Group.
- Type – You are given the option to manually type in the name of a single Entity to apply the command to. No wildcards are supported. You may even enter the name of an Entity which has not been learned before.
- Only if: – This enables you to apply the selected command to entities based on their current state (e.g. Abort All TERMS which Suspended are). Note that the list of displayed state options to choose from varies and is dependent on the selected Object and command. Upon issuance of a command, Web ViewPoint E examines the current state of each entity for the selected Pathway and Object. The selected command is issued, if the current state of an entity matches your selected option.
- Adding an Entity by clicking “Add” button, will not be reflected in manual startup files on NonStop. However, Web ViewPoint Enterprise notes it in its own startup configuration files.
|Command||Pathcom equivalent||State Option|
|Info||Info||[Not] Pending, Running – Stopped|
|Restart||Abort – Start||Suspended|
|Stats SERRVER||Stats Server TCP|
|Stats TERM||Stats TERM TCP|
|Status||Status||[Not] Pending – Running – Stopped|
|Stop||Stop||Pending, Running, Not Stopped|