Admin – Overview
This feature provides access to the Administrative functions of Web ViewPoint Enterprise. Through the menu items of the Admin tab, the Administrator can setup user accounts and set various administrative controls.
The following administration tasks can be performed:
- Alerts – Setup EMS Events you want notifications to be sent out when they happen, and what automated action to take.
- Delivery – Configure the following settings:
- SNMP – Define SNMP information required to forward Events to Enterprise Management software (e.g. Tivoli).
- Syslog to Enterprise – Define the IP/DNS name, port number to which the SYSLOG information must be sent.
- JSON to Enterprise – Define the IP/DNS name, port number to which the JSON information must be sent.
- SMTP Server – Define SNMP information needed to email out Alerts.
- BAM – Business Application Manual (BAM) is really an imaginative/quirky (you be the judge) name given to the ability to add detail (description, cause, effect, recovery) information about Events generated by your in-house applications. Here is where you define them.
- Exceptions– Description of category of Events you absolutely do not want to be bothered with.
- Skins – Choose font type & size, and color characteristics of how Events should be displayed; give it a name, and use it. Your colleagues can create more, or use yours.
- Templates – A Template sets what you want to see on your Events screen, and how they should be displayed. Here is where you define them.
- Import & Export – This is visible only if a Neighborhood of multiple Servers is set up. It is used to transfer administrative functions and settings between two servers.
- License – See when your license to use Web ViewPoint Enterprise on each Server expires. You may also (assuming internet connection to the outside world) receive updated licenses, or otherwise enter one given to you by HPE.
- Pathways – Administration functions are used to initialize & maintain the central host databases used by Web ViewPoint Pathway. The following information is maintained per Pathway:
- Lists number of TERM, TCP, and SERVER entities that are running.
- Maintenance of Group definitions.
- Syncing, Starting, Stopping and deleting pathways.
- Cold, Cool and Shutdown Obey file names.
- Start & Shutdown of Pathways.
- Phone Carriers – Lists the phone carriers that have been already configured. The email address corresponds to the SMS mailbox address of the Phone carrier to which Web ViewPoint Enterprise will send SMS notifications.
- Response Team – Response Team is a list of individuals who do not have NonStop/Guardian user ids but nevertheless need to receive emails or SMS messages in the event of an Alert being triggered. You can configure users without having to associate them with Nonstop user IDs.
- Thresholds – Thresholds can be defined on how the alerts can be viewed. Entering a numeric value for Warning and Critical section will determine the trigger for these thresholds.
- Users – Setup who (by guardian users) should have access to what features of Web ViewPoint, and on what Servers. You can also enter their contact info for notification purposes.