Metrics are displayed in Panels on a Dashboard. Each Panel may only show metrics of a selected Object.
Each Panel is constructed may contain one frame or divided into Top & Bottom halves.
You choose the construct and what should be displayed.
Following is the window displayed when you click on the icon of a Panel.
First select an Object. NonStop Server Objects, such as CPU or Disk are displayed on a list box. To Select an Object of an Application first open the “App” list box and select an Application. Its available Objects will be displayed on the right list box. Select an Object.
Next select Metrics to be shown for Y1 and Y2 Axis of a graph in a live graph.
You may also choose a metric to be shown on the Y1 of a Trend graph.
If both Live and Trend are selected, then you may choose which should be on top and which on the bottom of the Panel.
Note that in both cases, WVP E holds up to one-hour worth of data. Controls displayed on the screen enable you to travel through time based displayed data, and then click for more details.
Each panel can be collapsed or expanded. When expanded, you see six graphs (or up to 16 graphs). Each graph has its own panel. The heading of each panel is color coded (white, yellow, or red) to represent alert conditions currently in place for the information it represents. Bell icons (red/yellow) also show the number of alerts for each panel. Click on a bell icon to see details.
By default, the dashboard layout is a 2-row, 6 entity setting with a display of both Live & Trend graphs. Within the settings screen, users can do the following operations.
- Has a header, showing:
- Label on the left which identifies the grouping of metrics being displayed.
- Where applicable, an “S” icon to scale the graph for Y1 value.
- A clock icon, which opens a new window to show the detail historical values for the past hour. Each displayed value is a link to open a new window to show more detail about what happened at that point in time. In most cases this will have links to show more historical trends, as well as a link to full historical / analytical link (requires Local or Remote Analyst license).
- A settings icon where you can select metrics to be displayed. This is described in more detail in Selecting metrics.
- A graph icon which opens a menu to a list of metrics you can graph. Select one to display a new Window showing the values of selected metrics over time. Controls on the screen are self-explanatory. In most cases, you may click on a point on the graph to open a window showing more details at that point in time. In most cases this will have links to show more historical trends, as well as a link to full historical / analytical link (requires Local or Remote Analyst license).
- May have one or two sections. More information on how you construct or make changes are described in Selecting metrics.
Full descriptions of available metrics may be found in Appendix A – NonStop Metrics, Dashboard.