This is where you can review a list of reports/analyses scheduled for distribution, and add new ones as needed.
List of previously defined schedules are listed on the right panel. You may filter out displayed list, using the analyses Type options on the top. You may also choose to only see a list of analyses scheduled to go to a specific person by selecting the person’s name from the displayed list box on the top right.
To Edit or Delete a schedule, click on the appropriate Button on its row.
To add a new schedule, click on the Add Button above the list and on top right.
On the new Window:
- Type: Select a Report / Analyses Type. Choices are:
- Daily – Daily emails of prior day’s performance and alert conditions. Choose what time the report should be generated, and whether it should e for a specific time period. You also have the option to set the parameter “Alert on Exception”. By default, this is set to No. It means that Remote Analyst highlights items on the Daily email, based on hard thresholds. For instance, CPU Busy is highlighted in yellow when between 80% and 89%, and highlighted in red, when at 90% or more. Should you set the “Alert on Exception” to Yes, then it highlights objects and values if they are outside of “normal” (based on certain tolerance) for the specific hour of the weekday being reported. In this scenario, Remote Analyst compares the current value over the activity for the same hour and weekday over the past month. It highlights the current value, if it considers it an “exception”, and different from what was expected. Note however, that it also has a built-in tolerance for different hours. Tolerance is 5% during “business” hours, 10% during “batch” hours, and 12% for other hours. Should the current value be outside of the accepted tolerance for that hour. For instance, if CPU Busy of a CPU is normally at 82% during batch hour on a Tuesday, then a value of 88% will not raise and alert, and Remote Analyst will not highlight the value to alert you.
- Weekly – Weekly emails of prior 7-day performance and alert conditions. Choose what day the report should be generated, and whether it should be for a specific daily time period. You may select to include analyses of Low PIN / high PIN
- Monthly – Monthly emails of prior month’s performance and alert conditions. Choose what day of the month the report should be generated, and whether it should e for a specific daily time period.
- Quick Tuner – General to detail analyses of system performance. Set whether you want this analysis generated weekly or monthly. More options are displayed on exact day/time and coverage. These vary between weekly and monthly options, and are self-explanatory. There are several other parameters, specific to Quick Tuner, which you may set in advance. For a full description check section Quick Tuner of Generate earlier in this document.
- DPA – – This is the most detailed analyses of your system performance offered by Remote Analyst. Set whether you want this analyses generated weekly or monthly. More options are displayed on exact day/time and coverage. These vary between weekly and monthly options, and are self-explanatory. There are several other parameters, specific to DPA, which you may set in advance. For a full description check section DPA of Generate earlier in this document.
- Network – – This is a review of your network activities, and its trend, resource utilization, and distribution over time. This covers all TCP/IP (Process, link, subnet), PIF, IPV6, and Expand activities. Set whether you want this analyses generated daily, weekly or monthly. More options are displayed on exact day/time and coverage. These vary between daily, weekly and monthly options, and are self-explanatory.
- Storage – Two types of analyses are available:
- Summary – Covers overall capacity and growth, for total storage, as well as at disk level.
- Detail – Has all Summary contents, but also breaks down usage per Group, User, and Sub volume.
Select frequency: daily/weekly/monthly, and at the time/day when the report should be produced.
- Email: For any of the above, select whom (one or more) should receive the Report/Analyses.
Note that you can ask for as many analyses as you require, which you can have emailed to as many people as you wish.