Manual or DSM/SCM Installation Overview:
Web ViewPoint Plus can be installed using the DSM/SCM tool or can be installed manually.
For DSM/SCM, use the IPSETUP.exe program to upload the files from the CD / PC to the NonStop server. Follow the screens on the Wizard and provide the necessary information as prompted. It is strongly recommended that the user have SUPER.SUPER credentials. Once the IPSETUP program completes ensure that the files listed below have been transferred in the correct format and the file codes are correct.
1. For Manual Installation, use the files within WS_SW/WVPPlus Installation folder and follow the below instructions.
Note: Make sure your <installation-subvol> subvolume is empty before starting the transferring.
** Make sure that the wvpplus.tar file which is distributed along with the installation package is downloaded to your PC. This file should not be present within the <installation-subvol>
2. Upload the SETUPWVP and UMPPAK (H, J or L series) to your <installation-subvol> in binary mode.
3. Run the below set the parameters for Web ViewPoint Plus Installation.
> RUN SETUPWVP
Starting from Web ViewPoint Plus H01AAQ-L01AAR, below prompt is added
Input the guardian user id of a user who you want to be the Manager of Web ViewPoint i.e. with all Administrative privileges
Input “F” for fresh install or “I” for import over from an older version of Web ViewPoint or Web Viewpoint Plus.
NOTE: An older version of Web ViewPoint or Web ViewPoint Plus need NOT be stopped before continuing with import over.
It prompts user to specify the parameters they want to use for Web ViewPoint Plus
If the default parameters will not be changed input “S” and enter to Submit. To change the default parameters, follow the examples below.
Examples changing the default parameters:
1. Input number 1 and enter, input desired TCP Process name and enter.
2. Input number 2 and enter, input desired Listening Port # and enter
3. Input number 3 and enter, input desired Store Volume and enter
4. Event Analyzer: Input number 4 and enter, input desired Collector and enter. If multiple collectors are needed use comma separate values, (e.g. $0,$ZLOG,$UMP).
Note: If invalid collector is entered the following message will appear “Invalid collector:”and default collector will not change.
5. Storage Analyzer: Input number 5 and enter, input time (hhmm) and enter.
Note: This is when the collector will run.
6.Input number 6 and enter, input 1 to 180 (days) and enter
Note: This specifies the maximum number of days to retain data collection.
All data past the retention date will be deleted from the store volume entered in section 3 (e.g. $DSMSCM.SA170228 <$VOL>.).
7. Input number 7 and enter, input 1 to 1000 (days) and enter
Note: Only files that have not been opened for the specified number of days (or more) will be collected.
Recommendation: Keep this value at a reasonable amount, setting this value at a low number may result in SA running slower than normal.
8. Input number 8 and enter, input 1 to 255 (days) and enter
Note: Only files whose index levels are greater than or equal to the specified value will be selected for collection.
4. Input “Y” if you want to import EA and SA files (without having to stop old version from where you want to import the data) from older WVP Plus instance to Web ViewPoint Plus.
Input “N” if you don’t want to import EA and SA data.
NOTE: If you want to retain same process names and store volume as the older version in new WVPPlus, you can first test the new WVP Plus instance by bringing it up in shadow mode and using STRTPRXY and STOPPRXY to make sure all is ok. Users will need to edit the process names within these proxy files to test if everything looks good before stopping the old instance. Proxy files will help you to temporarily bring up the new WVP Plus instance with different process names (until you run OBEY STOPPRXY). When ready, you can stop the old instance and restart WVP Plus with the default process names by running OBEY STOPPRXY (stopping the different process names which you brought up for testing) and then run OBEY STARTPLS which allows to start with the default process names.
Starting from Web ViewPoint Plus H01AAQ-L01AAR, below prompt is added
Input Y if you want to enable the user permissions and access control feature.
Input N if you do NOT want to enable the user permissions and access control feature
Input “Y” if you want to start Web ViewPoint Plus without changing/editing any parameters within the configuration files.
Input “N” to edit the parameters within the configuration files and start the collector later.
If necessary, follow the steps below to change the process names and port number within the configuration files.
5. Edit the “STARTPLS” configuration file, change the process names to unique process names.
ASSIGN PROGCONF1, UGATCONF
PARAM LISTENER-PROCESS $WVLST
PARAM TCP-PROCESS $ZTC0
RUN PROCMAN/NAME $WVPMN,PRI 160, NOWAIT/
RUN UMPCOL8 /NAME $WVCL8, NOWAIT, TERM $ZHOME/
RUN UMPCMON /NAME $WVCMN, NOWAIT, TERM $ZHOME/
RUN EMSMON /NAME $WVEMN, NOWAIT, TERM $ZHOME/
RUN EACOLL /NAME $WVECL,NOWAIT,TERM $ZHOME,PRI 120/
RUN SAMGR /NAME $WSAMR,NOWAIT,TERM $ZHOME,PRI 120/
RUN SAHRLY /NAME $WSAHR,NOWAIT,TERM $ZHOME,PRI 120/
6. Edit the “STOPPLS” configuration file, change the process names to match the ones from the “STOPPLS” configuration file.
status *,prog UMPGATE, stop
status *,prog UMPMEAS, stop
status *,prog EMSLINK, stop
MEASCOM STOP MEASUREMENT UMPACT, NO ADD
7. Edit the “UGATCONF” file and change the port number.
TITLE UMP Gate
PARAM WEBLOCATION /usr/tandem/wvpplus
8. Edit the “UMPCONF” file and change the process names, CPU numbers and EMS collector if required.
(i.e. Change the ems collector defined by the “COLLECTOR” parameter to a unique name)
— SET EMS Log parameters
SET EVENT_LOG COLLECTOR $0
SET EVENT_LOG SSID 1500
— Set UMPGATE parameters
— Set UMPCOL8 parameters
comment — CPU number on which the UMPCOL8 backup should run
SET UMPCOL8 BACKUP_CPU 2,3,4,5
SET UMPCOL8 BACKUP_RESTART_LIMIT 50
— Set UMPCMON parameters
comment — CPU number on which the UMPCMON backup should run
SET UMPCMON BACKUP_CPU 2,3,4,5
SET UMPCMON BACKUP_RESTART_LIMIT 50
— Set UMPMEAS parameters
SET UMPMEAS SAMPLE_INTERVAL 5
SET UMPMEAS COLLECT_FOR CPU,PROCESS,DISK
— Set EMSMON parameters
comment — CPU number on which the EMSMON backup should run
SET EMSMON BACKUP_CPU 1,2,3,4,5
SET EMSMON BACKUP_RESTART_LIMIT 50
— Set EACOLL parameters
comment — CPU number on which the EACOLL backup should run
SET EACOLL BACKUP_CPU 2,3,4,5
SET EACOLL BACKUP_RESTART_LIMIT 50
If necessary, change the EMS collector defined in the “COLLECTOR” parameter of the “UMPCONF” configuration file (default is “$0”) using the following command:
> EMSACOLL /NAME $UMP, NOWAIT/
9. Issue the following command to start the WVP Plus host components:
> OBEY STARTPLS
Using OSS mode, set the path to /usr/tandem folder within the OSS space (this can be changed to any path).
By default, the path is set to usr/tandem/wvpplus.
You may choose to change this path by changing it in the UGATCONF file within the Web ViewPoint Plus subvolume.
- Create folder wvpplus in /usr/tandem location (example: /usr/tandem/wvpplus). Command to create a folder in OSS: mkdir wvpplus
- cd wvp
- Transfer the tar file (which was sent as a part of install package) to the wvpplus folder.
- Extract the contents of the tar file using tar -o -xvf wvpplus.tar command.
- Edit the host.txt file in the data folder (/usr/tandem/wvpplus/data)
- Change the Nodename to match that of the installation of the host agent.
- Open your browser and enter the IP address specified in the host.txt file followed by port number (Example: http://192.168.1.100:8787)
- To access the lite port, enter the following http://nnn.nnn.n.nnn:8787/#/lite