Web ViewPoint Enterprise Installation step:
Manual or DSM/SCM Installation Overview
Web ViewPoint Enterprise can be installed using the DSM/SCM tool or can be installed manually.
For DSM/SCM, use the IPSETUP.exe program to upload the files from the CD / PC to the NonStop server. Follow the screens on the Wizard and provide the necessary information as prompted. It is strongly recommended that the user have SUPER.SUPER credentials. Once the IPSETUP program completes ensure that the files listed below have been transferred in the correct format and the file codes are correct.
NOTE: After running the IPSETUP program, please make sure to copy the UMPPAK and SETUPWVP files to a new Install subvolume. If there are additional files (i.e. apart from UMPPAK and SETUPWVP), the RUN SETUPWVP command will fail to extract the files from the UMPPAK file.
For Manual Installation, use the files within WS_SW/WVPE Installation folder and follow the below instructions.
- Note: Make sure your <installation-subvol> subvolume is empty before starting the transferring.
** Make sure that the wvp.tar file which is distributed along with the installation package is downloaded to your PC. This file should not be present within the <installation-subvol>
- Upload the SETUPWVP and UMPPAK (H, J or L series) to your <installation-subvol> in binary mode.
- Run the below set the parameters for Web ViewPoint Enterprise Installation.
> RUN SETUPWVP
It prompts user to specify the parameters they want to use for Web ViewPoint Enterprise
- If the default parameters will not be changed input “S” and enter to Submit. To change the default parameters, follow the examples below.
Examples changing the default parameters:
1. Input number 1 and enter, input desired TCP Process name and enter.
2. Input number 2 and enter, input desired Listening Port # and enter
3. Input number 3 and enter, input desired Store Volume and enter
4.Input number 4 and enter, input desired Collector and enter.
If multiple collectors are needed use comma separate values, (e.g. $0,$ZLOG,$UMP).
Note: If invalid collector is entered the following message will appear “Invalid collector:”and default collector will not change.
5.Input number 5 and enter, input time (hhmm) and enter.
Note: This is when the collector will run.
6.Input number 6 and enter, input 1 to 180 (days) and enter
Note: This specifies the maximum number of days to retain data collection.
All data past the retention date will be deleted from the store volume entered in section 3 (e.g. $DSMSCM.SA170228 <$VOL>.).
7. Input number 7 and enter, input 1 to 1000 (days) and enter
Note: Only files that have not been opened for the specified number of days (or more) will be collected.
Recommendation: Keep this value at a reasonable amount, setting this value at a low number may result in SA running slower than normal.
8. Input number 8 and enter, input 1 to 255 (days) and enter
Note: Only files whose index levels are greater than or equal to the specified value will be selected for collection.
- Input “Y” if you want to start Web ViewPoint Enterprise without changing/editing any parameters within the configuration files.
- Input “N” to edit the parameters within the configuration files and start the collector later.
If necessary, follow the steps below to change the process names and port number within the configuration files.
- Edit the “STRTWVPE” configuration file, change the process names to unique process names.
ASSIGN PROGCONF1, UGATCONF
PARAM LISTENER-PROCESS $WVLST
PARAM TCP-PROCESS $ZTC0
RUN PROCMAN/NAME $WVPMN,PRI 160, NOWAIT/
RUN UMPCOL8 /NAME $WVCL8, NOWAIT, TERM $ZHOME/
RUN UMPDRNE /NAME $WVDRN, NOWAIT, TERM $ZHOME/
RUN UMPSKYI/NAME $WVSKY, NOWAIT, TERM $ZHOME/
RUN UMPCMON /NAME $WVCMN, NOWAIT, TERM $ZHOME/
RUN UMPCIP /NAME $WVCIP, NOWAIT, TERM $ZHOME/
RUN UCLMEAS /NAME $WVCLM, NOWAIT, TERM $ZHOME/
RUN EACOLL /NAME $WVECL,NOWAIT,TERM $ZHOME,PRI 120/
RUN SAMGR /NAME $WSAMR,NOWAIT,TERM $ZHOME,PRI 120/
RUN SAHRLY /NAME $WSAHR,NOWAIT,TERM $ZHOME,PRI 120/
- Edit the “STOPWVPE” configuration file, change the process names to match the ones from the “STOPPLS” configuration file.
status *,prog UMPGATE, stop
status *,prog UMPMEAS, stop
status *,prog EMSLINK, stop
MEASCOM STOP MEASUREMENT UMPACT, NO ADD
- Edit the “UGATCONF” file and change the port number.
TITLE UMP Gate
PARAM WEBLOCATIONN /usr/tandem/wvpe
- Edit the “UMPCONF” file and change the process names, CPU numbers and EMS collector if required.
(i.e. Change the ems collector defined by the “COLLECTOR” parameter to a unique name)
— Supported products are NTS, RA and PMC.
SET PRODUCT_NAME RA
— SET EMS Log parameters
SET EVENT_LOG COLLECTOR $0
SET EVENT_LOG SSID 1500
— Set UMPGATE parameters
— Set UMPCOL8 parameters
SET UMPCOL8 PROCESS_NAME $WVCL8
comment — CPU number on which the UMPCOL8 backup should run
SET UMPCOL8 BACKUP_CPU 2,3,4,5
SET UMPCOL8 BACKUP_RESTART_LIMIT 50
— Set UMPCMON parameters
comment — CPU number on which the UMPCMON backup should run
SET UMPCMON BACKUP_CPU 2,3,4,5
SET UMPCMON BACKUP_RESTART_LIMIT 50
— Set UMPMEAS parameters
SET UMPMEAS SAMPLE_INTERVAL 15
SET UMPMEAS COLLECT_FOR CPU,PROCESS,DISK
— Set UMPSKYI parameters
comment — CPU number on which the UMPSKYI backup should run
SET UMPSKYI BACKUP_CPU 1,2,3,4,5
SET UMPSKYI BACKUP_RESTART_LIMIT 50
— Set EACOLL parameters
comment — CPU number on which the EACOLL backup should run
SET EACOLL BACKUP_CPU 2,3,4,5
SET EACOLL BACKUP_RESTART_LIMIT 50
— Set UMPDRNE parameters
comment — CPU number on which the UMPDRNE backup should run
SET UMPDRNE BACKUP_CPU 1,2,3,4,5
SET UMPDRNE BACKUP_RESTART_LIMIT 50
If necessary, change the EMS collector defined in the “COLLECTOR” parameter of the “UMPCONF” configuration file (default is “$0”) using the following command:
> EMSACOLL /NAME $UMP, NOWAIT/
8. Issue the following command to start the WVP Plus host components:
> OBEY STRTWVPE
Using OSS mode, set the path to folder (/usr/tandem/wvpe)
1.Create folder wvp (example: wvpe)
3.Transfer the tar file (which was sent as a part of install package) to the wvpe folder
4.Extract the contents of the tar file tar -xvf webviewpoint_.tar
5.Edit the host.json file in the data folder ((/usr/tandem/wvpe/data)
Change the IP, Port and Nodename to match that of the installation of the host agent.
6.Open your browser and enter the IP address specified in the host.json file followed by slash and Web viewpoint Enterprise folder name (created in step 1) to access WebViewPoint Enterprise.
7.To access the lite port, enter the following http://nnn.nnn.n.nn:8787/index.html#/lite
Note: ‘wvpe’ being the WVP Enterprise folder created on