By hierarchy, we refer to how access to information is organized, as it appears on the left panel of the browser. Web ViewPoint Plus is designed for HPE NonStop Servers, and that is where the hierarchy starts.
A globe icon is displayed on the highest level.Click on this icon to see a the current Performance statistics of all the neighborhood Servers in a summary format.
Below the globe icon, each NonStop Server is identified by its name (e.g. MYNSTOP). Click on the Server name, to expose and access all available features, described below:
- Performance – Has 2 sections under this category
- Monitor – See current / live performance statistics of the Server in a more detail format, and if so licensed, access Remote Analyst for deep analyses, discoveries, and historical trends.
- Events– See live and historical EMS (Event Management System) Events.
- Operation – Comprises of the below sections
- Event Analyzer – Event Analyzer captures daily snapshots of all EMS Events of one or more Collectors, which are then analyzed and stored in a historical indexed database.
- Storage Analyzer – Storage Analyzer captures daily snapshots of all Disks and files, which are then analyzed and stored in a historical indexed database.
- Storage – View and interact with the storage (Disks/sub-volumes/file) subsystem
- OSS – View and interact with the storage subsystem from an OSS point of view.
- Spooler – View and interact with the Spooler subsystem
- Admin – Perform the following administration tasks
- Alerts – Setup EMS Events you want notifications to be sent out when they happen, and what automated action to take.
- Delivery – Configure the following settings:
- SNMP – Define SNMP information required to forward Events to Enterprise Management software (e.g. Tivoli).
- JSON to Enterprise (Applicable only for Web ViewPoint Plus)– Define the IP/DNS name, port number to which the JSON information must be sent
- SMTP Server – Define SMTP information needed to email out Alerts
- BAM – Business Application Manual (BAM) is really an imaginative/quirky (you be the judge) name given to the ability to add detail (description, cause, effect, recovery) information about Events generated by your in-house applications. Here is when you define them.
- Exceptions– Description of category of Events you absolutely do not want to be bothered with.
- Skins – Choose font type & size, and color characteristics of how Events should be displayed; give it a name, and use it. Your colleagues can create more, or use yours.
- Template – A Template sets what you want to see on your Events screen, and how they should be displayed. Here is where you define them.
- Phone Carriers – Lists the phone carriers that have been already configured. The email address corresponds to the SMS mailbox address of the Phone carrier to which Web ViewPoint Plus will send SMS notifications
- License – See when your license to use Web ViewPoint Plus on each Server expires. You may also (assuming internet connection to the outside world) receive updated licenses, or otherwise enter one given to you by HPE.
- Users – Set Up who (by guardian users) should have access to what features of Web ViewPoint Plus, and on what Servers. You can also enter their contact info for notification purposes.
- Response Team – Add who (any non-guardian users) should be able to receive email and text alerts, and on what servers by configuring their contact information.
- Thresholds – Thresholds can be defined on how the alerts can be viewed. Entering a numeric value for Warning and Critical section will determine the trigger for these thresholds.
- Analyzer – Configure Event Analyzer & Storage Analyzer related settings.