Web ViewPoint Enterprise watches for alert conditions. It maintains a log corresponding to activity for each alert profile. You can review the activity by clicking on the Alert Log icon for any of the nodes. You are prompted for the following information:
- When: Select a review period from time and optionally to time to specify the time period of the activity that you are interested in.
- You can cast your net wide or zoom in on a specific instance. Select Any or specific entity / metric / instance combination
- Severity: Look for any or specific type of alert conditions. At least one needs to be selected.
- Whom (optional)
- If selected and users specified will filter only those alarms that were sent via email or text to the selected users or group of users (Example: super.*)
Alert Summary View
This shows the filtered list of alarms that were generated in response to the alert profiles. The filter is based on the criteria selected/specified above.
- Severity: Each row is color coded to represent the severity of the alert. Red – Major, Yellow – Minor.
- Time: When the alarm was generated.
- Entity: The name of the entity for which the alarm was generated.
- Metric: The metric whose value was breached.
- Object: Name of the object that breached the threshold condition.
- Expected: Specifies the threshold value (above or below) which the actual value should have been.
- Actual: Specifies the value of the metric for the corresponding instance when the threshold was breached.
Click on any column heading to sort the list for that column. Click on the alarm entry to get more details associated with the subscription for this alert.
In addition, a heat map is displayed at the top of the Alert Summary View. This provides an immediate visual summary of the major and/or minor alerts for the criteria selected above.
Alert Detail View
This lists the activity log for the corresponding profile. Click on any column heading to sort the list for that column.
The level of detail is controlled by the Log every breach attribute of the profile. As described in the Log every breach section, the following information is logged
- Alarm generation
- Details regarding the first notification
- Details regarding the recovery notification
- Automated operation
If detailed logging is specified, then in addition to the above, the following is logged
- Instances when thresholds are breached
- Instances when alarm is not generated because the thresholds are within tolerance.