You may set Alert conditions for a variety of metrics and thresholds. This is described in detail in Alert Section. Once any of the thresholds are breached (and log is requested), Web ViewPoint E keeps full track of the incident. It records:
- When the breach occurred (once or repeated)
- What the threshold and actual values were
- Who was notified and/or when notification was forwarded to central monitoring (e.g. ServiceNow)
- Record of any automated recovery action
- If and when recovery took place
- Whether the incident was escalated to others
You can review the activity by clicking on the Alert Log icon for any of the nodes. A new window prompts you to select from the following search criteria:
- When: Select a review period from date/time and optionally to date/time to specify the time period of the activity that you are interested in.
- You can cast your net wide or zoom in on a specific instance. Select Any or only specific entity / metric / instance combination
- Severity: Look for any or specific type of alert conditions: Minor / Major. At least one needs to be selected.
- Notification / Escalation. You may choose to only search for alerts for which notification or escalation was sent to certain individuals or groups (e.g. Super.Oper, Super.*).
Click on Submit to open a list of matching Alerts in an Alert – Summary Window.