At its core, Web ViewPoint Plus was designed to be a browser based (Edge, IE 11, Firefox, and Chrome are supported) tool to monitor and query posted Events from HPE NonStop’s EMS (Event Management Subsystem). This later expanded to offer:
- System Performance monitoring
- Alert & notification subsystem
- Failure recover logic
- Storage management & interface
- Spooler interface
This version also offers connection to a Cloud subsystem (if user chooses to activate) which can maintain a lifelong history of system performance data. This can be used for a variety of purposes such as:
- Behavior analyses
- Problem avoidance
- Quick problem resolutions if/when they occur
- Capacity planning
- Application monitoring & chargeback
- System trend and availability reports
- Deep analyses
In a simplified format, these topics and usage of Web ViewPoint Plus is described in the following sections.
For latest information, alerts, and release notes, follow HPWebViewPoint (@HPWebViewPoint) and RemoteAnalyst (@RemoteAnalyst) on twitter.